Friday 3 September 2010

3. "Wish you were here"


Image courtesy of House of Fraser 
Last but not least, part three. And it's another addition to Amelia's Magazine, for her article pre thoughts on recent Vintage Goodwood Festival. It's really fascinating read and especially the debate emerges on how festivals should really market itself to the audiences. From the press photos, I would have loved to experience it myself and lapped it up (the advertisers. creators would love that)  But I am digressing....


Work in Progress
For awhile now, I really wanted to try more retro colouring/style to my images. Using limited colour palette, the blues and yellows, hints of red reflecting a past history. With this illustration I wanted it to reflect on lifestyle painting illustration you see in Women's Homes Magazine.  There are some bits I would improve otherwise I really enjoyed working this way. I hope it shows. 

That's it for now. But I got loads more illustrations to show off soon. So I won't neglect this blogspot. Have a good evening and speak soon xxx
Final Result 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...